We have found this site that goes through the development of an unborn baby from conception to birth.
We will be adding more information to this page soon but in the meantime we hope you will appreciate the following images.
Pause for thought
We have included the following Psalm. This Psalm, taken from the Old Testament of the Bible, is often seen as the 'pro-life' Psalm. Many people should already be aware of it, but there may be many more people who have never realised not just how much God loves them, but that He loved them even before they were born. Your birth was not an accident. God does not make mistakes. You too can praise Him because you are fearfully and wonderfully made, even if you think you don't match up to society's perception or standard of 'perfect'.
- O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
- You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
- You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
- Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.
- You hem me in - behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.
- Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
- Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
- If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
- If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
- even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
- If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,"
- even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.
- For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
- I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
- My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
- your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
- How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
- Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.
- If only you would slay the wicked, O God! Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!
- They speak of you with evil intent; your adversaries misuse your name.
- Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD, and abhor those who rise up against you?
- I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies.
- Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
- See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Please visit our Healing page if you have had an abortion or supported someone who has.